Thursday, June 30, 2005

Camping: A whole new experience when preggers..

This past weekend we (Mike, my sister Melissa, her son Devante, the girls and myself) went camping to Oliver, BC. We met with my grandma Joanne, my uncle Tim and my mum's partner Don.

Luckily the weather was great most of the trip. Some mosquitos, sunny skies, a little cloud cover, warm and toasty. Sunday night brought a doozy of a storm — the thunder was amazing! We drove through some storms on our way up there on Friday night, but this was incredible. Being in a tent with two chicken-dogs (and a chicken-mom!) during the whole ordeal was something else.. The thunder seemed to go on FOREVER! The rain and the wind were horrible. The tent was shaking like we were in the Blair Witch Project movie.. not fun. But we survived the storm and got to pack up the next morning in the rain :)

Thank goodness for a decent airmattress though.. and an outhouse at least! Squatting in the bushes might have been the ultimate challenge for me! We were able to borrow a nice big tent from Myken (thanks!!) so that made getting dressed much easier! Can't say I will be going camping again though before the baby arrives.. unless I am in a cabin.

The purpose of our camping trip was to spread my mum's ashes where she grew up in Oliver and where my grandpa's ashes are as well. Got to hike up a steep rocky hillside (very slowly for me!) and then come to a beautiful spot where my mum played and caught snakes as a young girl. It was a very, very emotional experience to say the least. But it is done, and hopefully she is at rest and with my grandpa Perry. We all love you and miss you so much, mum.

xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home