Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Camping Part Deux

The Merriman clan (Mike, the dogs and myself - with child of course) all ventured up to Tunkwa Lake to camp with my grandparents Colleen and Herb from Kamloops. Normally going camping wouldn't be such a big deal to me, but being 8 months preggers I must confess that it sucked the big one. Great to visit, but not comfortable.

We don't see my grandparents all too often so I figured this was my one chance to (a) see them before the baby is born and (b) see them for probably another year or so. They don't make it to Vancouver very often so I was suckered into camping with them.

Tunkwa and Leighton Lakes are beautiful lakes, near Logan Lake (outside of Merritt, BC) but extremely windy. There was also a fire this weekend outside of Merritt so the sky was extremely red and smokey. Ick. Could've been worse, though...

My grandparents have a 10 month old miniature schnauzer named Max and he is one of the cutest and sweetest puppies I have ever met. Lola and him got along great.. I think he really looked up to her (literally!!) and learned a lot from playing with the girls.

I regret that I don't have any pictures to post but my darling hubbie accidentally left the camera on while we were driving up Saturday morning and it was dead when we arrived. I think he managed to take a couple shots (one of the table!) but nothing to exciting or worth submitting for a photo contest. Poor guy.. he felt like an ass. Partly because he also forgot his flippers for his float tube (the other part of going camping was so that he could get one last fishing trip in before his child enters the world!) so he was limited to shore fishing. Windy lake + fly line = hard to fish. He didn't bring his spincasting rod either — double doh!

But we (I) survived the trip and even got a bit of sun that didn't include a burn. Mike had an okay time and the girls I think had the best time of us all. It was great visiting with the g-parents, but I am sure glad to be at home in my own bed and not on a shitty air mattress in a tent.

We got into a minor "accident" on the way home in Abbotsford while filling up for cheap gas. A guy with a big pick-up truck backed into us and we now have to get a new front bumper and whatnot. Hopefully that is all but it will be getting inspected nontheless.

Baby is doing well, growing lots and being very active in there. Doctor's check-up was yesterday and all is fine. Heartbeat is about 140bpm, some would say that means it is a boy. I myself have no idea.. we'll see what we get. 52 days to go!

Take care everyone and hope to update again soon..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home