Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A trip to Kamloops

This past weekend we went on a quick trip to Kamloops to visit some of my family. Other than going to the Island at Christmas time, this was Ben's first road trip! All in all, I think he did pretty good. I lived in Kamloops for a while when I was younger, was born there, so it is always like a walk down memory lane when I go there.

Friday afternoon we drove to my Grandparents (my biological dad's side) house to spend the night. They have never had the chance to meen Ben so they were very excited. My grandma has cancer again and going through treatments so hopefully we were able to cheer her up a bit. Saturday we went to my Aunt Sarah and Uncle Mike's house.. my cousins Katie (4) and Sophie (7 months) are just so adorable and wonderful :) Managed to get a photo of Sophie but not Katie.. she has the bluest eyes and the chubbiest cheeks I have ever seen! Sunday morning right after breakfast we zipped to the other end of Kamloops to see my Aunt Laurie and my Grandma on my mom's side. It was so great seeing them. I wish we could have stayed there longer. They hadn't met Ben either and he was a hit! My cousins Hayley (10) and Raymond (4) are hilarious and were very happy to meet Benjamin. It was an emotional time leaving because I am very close with both of them - my aunt is just 7 years older than me. Seeing my aunt reminded me so much of my mom I couldn't help but cry. Never realized how much they look like eachother.

Oh, and Ben had a taste of Cherrios for the first time (so funny!) and sucked on a strawberry a bit :) Look how big his teeth are getting! The hat he is wearing was made by his Granny.



2 Comments:

Blogger bigtrav said...

super cute kid

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Merriman said...

Thanks Unky Trav!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home